Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Average SQL Saturday Attendee

I have been to quite a few SQL Saturdays. This year I have been to 5 and will go to 2 more, and next year I’ll do a few and perhaps run my own events.

One of the things that I’ve noticed from attendees is they often work at local companies, governments, with a common theme: a lack of training dollars.

However these people take a Saturday away from their families, some driving for hours (I’ve seen up to a 6 hour drive) to go and learn something. To go improve their skills, and make the investment in their career.

It should pay back for them, but I’m not sure that I would have made that investment when  I was younger. It certainly makes me want to deliver more training, and do more to help others.

And work on my own career.

No comments:

Post a Comment